Hello all

mb2tv

Forum Member
Hello all
Have been lurking in the shadows for some time now and it is time to join I think.
I was pointed here by one of your members (hello Wildebus).
So - We have a caravan (sorry 😇) for some years now and have been enjoying it and the lifestyle. We have now left the working circle and thought that a motorhome will be more suitable. Before, when working a holiday was to relax so staying in one place was suitable. As now not working we want to be more mobile and therefore the change. We decided to build our own as I am quite handy and do a lot with wood anyway and also it will allow us to build something we want. Plans are already on the go as we decided on a layout and also have decided on the van - VW Crafter. The van will be new... and we are now waiting for it, so plans and details are looked at.
I Will probably have lots of questions as ideally I would like to go to 'shows' and get ideas from that, but being under lockdown does not help.
We have looked at quite a few youtube builders and hope we are on the right track.

Many Thanks
mb2tv

Last edited:

Deleted member 4404

Hi and welcome aboard,
Be interested to see your layout plans if you have any pics (y)

Nabsim

Forum Member
Welcome to the forum, there are a lot on here who have built their own vans up. I am just an interested observer 👍

wildebus

Forum Member
Hello there :)
Welcome aboard as they say:)

In terms of physically seeing a selection of vans, there is the Overland Camper show on around the first week of June. That might be worth going to for a day visit and see some builds (and a chance to get out the house!).
I think that might be the first show running this year in fact?

For me, I think the hardest thing by far is to get it looking nice and pretty with the furniture, so you are on a head start being a woodworker :D

mb2tv

Forum Member
In terms of physically seeing a selection of vans, there is the Overland Camper show on around the first week of June. That might be worth going to for a day visit and see some builds (and a chance to get out the house!).
I think that might be the first show running this year in fact?

For me, I think the hardest thing by far is to get it looking nice and pretty with the furniture, so you are on a head start being a woodworker :D
Thank you! will have a look at this show!

Not woodworker as such, more a DIY-er, but to quite a high standard. We are looking at the 'décor' at the moment.

Red Dwarf

Forum Member
Hi and welcome along. Plan, plan and more planning. Needs and wants. The great thing about a self build is that you get what YOU want!
I have very average diy skills and over the years have cobbled together some nice vans. Personally I can’t do with grey and grey and more grey. My vans have colour and texture.
Good luck with your build and enjoy!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)