Chinese diesel air & water heater test / review

DnK

Forum Member
So you'd have to have the heating on to get hot water. Thats not much use in warmer weather and want hot water!

Sprinter 1 cup

Forum Member
So you'd have to have the heating on to get hot water. Thats not much use in warmer weather and want hot water!
20 mins heat any time of day and it's in the 20ltr tank what feeds hot tap I think. Ok for me. I've going to pick up my water heater from Bobil vans today that cost £200 as I got heater in July £95 so cheap Chinese hot water. I can open the doors and windows in summer like I do when cooking.

xsilvergs

Forum Member
This looks very interesting, it looks better than our Truma gas/electric water/air heater.

wildebus

Forum Member
I wonder what proportion of the heat goes to the water Vs the air? It doesn't look like you can choose any kind of priority of one over the other.
Not really convinced that is a good solution for water heating in the summer when the inside of a van is likely already too warm?

wildebus

Forum Member
This looks very interesting, it looks better than our Truma gas/electric water/air heater.

Heating from 20C to 40C is not a major increase really. You would also need to be careful storing hot water at just 40C... Perfect bug breeding temp! 65C is meant to be the minimum temp recommended.
From seeing the Chinese combo unit and and Bobil heater, I reckon the one I have in my Camper is much better than both. Heat 10L water to 70C in around 15mins and then PROPER hot water available (40C is tepid) and use the mixer tap to bring down to a lower temp. (a 10L store of 70C water) will give you a longer hot shower that 14L of 40C water).

xsilvergs

Forum Member
Heating from 20C to 40C is not a major increase really. You would also need to be careful storing hot water at just 40C... Perfect bug breeding temp! 65C is meant to be the minimum temp recommended.
From seeing the Chinese combo unit and and Bobil heater, I reckon the one I have in my Camper is much better than both. Heat 10L water to 70C in around 15mins and then PROPER hot water available (40C is tepid) and use the mixer tap to bring down to a lower temp. (a 10L store of 70C water) will give you a longer hot shower that 14L of 40C water).

It just seemed a different way to the Truma. I liked the way it only heated the amount of water needed, put 5 in the tank heat it, use it all, little water left to go cold.

Our Truma on ECO heats to 40*C and on HOT to 60*C, and to do either it eats gas.

As you may guess I'm not a fan of our Truma water/air heater.

StreetSleeper

Forum Member
We have gone for a gas wall heater for the hot water and shower and the Chinese diesel heater for the van heating. Having said that, in the summer we are both happy to use solar shower bags and sit them on the roof and put the pipe through the vent; we find, on a hot summer's day, they work just fine. In winter, a definite no no and that's where the wall heater comes in.

Silver sprinter

Forum Member
We have gone for a gas wall heater for the hot water and shower and the Chinese diesel heater for the van heating. Having said that, in the summer we are both happy to use solar shower bags and sit them on the roof and put the pipe through the vent; we find, on a hot summer's day, they work just fine. In winter, a definite no no and that's where the wall heater comes in.
Didn't know Fife people washed. :D

wildebus

Forum Member
We don't. I got soap on a rope one year for Christmas......The rope rotted before the soap got used up
Reminds me of some stuff my sister got in the past.
Rope with Soap in the shape of the Mother Mary and of Jesus and labels saying "Wash your sins away" :D

StreetSleeper

Forum Member
Reminds me of some stuff my sister got in the past.
Rope with Soap in the shape of the Mother Mary and of Jesus and labels saying "Wash your sins away" :D

You can still some if you feel the need to cleanse your sins.......hope this helps.

1606672789208.png
1606672892426.png

Last edited:

Bacca4

Forum Member
I wonder if it's possible to use it to heat only the interior of the van and the engine liquid for cold starts only when necessary.

My fear is that if I turn off the water pump to continue heating only the air, the liquid that remains in the circuit goes into overpressure

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)