Wiring infor for solar needed

Scotia

Forum Member
Not a new build but uprating existing setup.
Purchase a Dethleffs last year which was fitted with a PV Logic 120w panel going to a 10 amp PV Logic charge controller which has two outlets one for cab battery and the other for the leisure batteries which are 2 X Varta 95ah AGM.
The two + from the controller connect onto a red and a blue wire which are fused, both - connect to the brown which then connect into the Schaudt Elektoblock EBL 102 ( I cant find an english instruction manual version of this online) which I understand when charging gives preference to the leisure battery and a float charge to the cab battery, then there is the Schaudt Booster WA 121545 (which I have an english manual ).

Now to mess things up I purchased a second PV Logic 120w panel and have wired in parallel, luckily when the van was built there had been a second pair of 6mm wires run alongside the pair in use so was an easy fit the panel came with a 20A PV Logic controller which also has two points for the battery one for cab the other for leisure.
I have a Victron smart MPPT 75-15 controller which I would like to fit but this only has a single output for battery, on contacting the company to see what can be done the reply was to use a Votronic device I have aske him to clarify but it takes an age to get a reply typically one reply per day. Doing a bit of research I see they supply a Cyrix battery combiner for split charge.
Has anyone connected a MPPT to the EBL 102 and how did you go about it?

Sprinter 1 cup

Forum Member
Victron smart MPPT 75-15 controller is good for 1 x 120w panel but not 2 or will be at its limets on full charge . As my 2 100w was 60 to 70 volts.at neary 15 in sires
20220826_121035.jpg

amps

Scotia

Forum Member
Hmm took advice from the supplier and they also do installations, will message them again in the morning.

Scotia

Forum Member
Victron smart MPPT 75-15 controller is good for 1 x 120w panel but not 2 or will be at its limets on full charge . As my 2 100w was 60 to 70 volts.at neary 15 in sires
View attachment 5732
amps
This was the reply after consulting his colegue when I queried his choice,

Hi Sam,
The 75/15 controller can take up to 75V, however we would tend to allow a 25% allowance so two solar panels at 22.4V each would be fine on this controller.

Many thanks,
Matthew Jukes

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)