SBMCC

Squiffy

Forum Member
Funny I've just had the same email addressed to my Gmail address and calling me Johnno?? As you Kev I had to smile and had no intention of re joining. Phil

Talk of the devil I've now just had one to my hotmail addressed to Squiffy.

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
I was grateful at the time for the help I got from a few of the members on there, Cousteau & Listerdiesel in particular for electrical advice, but it was way too rigid in the humour department, very over moderated & I was a mod briefly on there but it wasn't for me.

Millie Master

Forum Member
And guess what, I had 2 emails arrive overnight from them addressed to my old user name Buzzy-Beans.

I know Squiffy and I both know why we left the SBMCC along with amongst others, Listerdiesel and were instrumental in the setting up of another group which is still in existance and then hey-ho we then went knocking on a certain door which resulted in motorhomebuilder coming into being.......... What a fun life we have had!

Phil

MarkJ

Forum Member
I was a member for a couple of years and received lots of good and helpful advice. But I gave up when after I'd finished my build any advice (or opinion) I had to offer was rebuffed. I know I'm not an expert, but I'd just completed a van successfully and liked to feel I could be vaguely useful. Apparently not.

Anyway, out of curiosity, I tried to register yesterday as a 30-day guest, but the website got into a terrible tangle and gave all sorts of permissioning errors so I'm afraid I gave up.

Dowel

Forum Member
And me too. Surprised as without warning they just completely locked me out, would not let me renew my sub or view posts as a guest.
Not something I miss.

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
A huge shame, they helped a lot of people including me in the earlier days of self-build, but they killed the forum with their rules and regs.

MarkJ

Forum Member
they helped a lot of people including me in the earlier days of self-build
Likewise. But then after I'd finished and hoped I might make some useful comments to help someone else, every time I did so I got slapped down by the regulars who said 'that'll never work', despite me having just done it. So I gave up

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
I was a mod for a while & and I never got the chance to do anything as one or other of the mods would have sorted the problem, I said what I thought of their moderation (IE not very much) it was at the time when people were suggesting things and getting refusals cos someone kids would be reading the posts, highly unlikely, more like some dominatrix telling her husband what to think, anyway Listerdiesel left so I followed him.

Millie Master

Forum Member
And at very much the same time so many more of us left.

As we all knew the SBMCC existed so that those in the clique inner circle could go away on regular drunken jollies at the expense of all the other members, it was a total stitch up!!!!

Phil

HTF

Forum Member
I think l can confirm that SBMCC as a zombie forum. Joined last Friday and didn't receive the customary "welcome" message. Posted on the "New to the forum" an introduction and it was viewed 7 times again with no reaction. The post on my build got a whopping total of 44 views and a massive reaction score of zero o_O. I don't expect people to be overwhelmed but, if this isn't a definition of a zombie forum, I don't know what is :rolleyes:

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
I have a suspicion that some members will be on the build section here too, and on other forums, I know when I mentioned something about them on facts it was repeated on there the same day, they have spies woo woo.

Squiffy

Forum Member
I have a suspicion that some members will be on the build section here too, and on other forums, I know when I mentioned something about them on facts it was repeated on there the same day, they have spies woo woo.
I was a mod for a while & and I never got the chance to do anything as one or other of the mods would have sorted the problem, I said what I thought of their moderation (IE not very much) it was at the time when people were suggesting things and getting refusals cos someone kids would be reading the posts, highly unlikely, more like some dominatrix telling her husband what to think, anyway Listerdiesel left so I followed him.
I think the majority left over Listerdiesels treatment by the arrogant mods Kev, I can only describe them as arrogant and to be a little more descriptive "Up their own backsides". How they had the nerve to offer renewed membership after how we were treated is beyond. Phil

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)