Remis Cab blinds

Squiffy

Forum Member
Over the years I have tried several cab blinds the usual silvered and cushioned material that either sits outside and is attached by door handles and rear top of front doors and the inside suckered held blinds which I'm using at this present time.
I've held off from buying the fold away Remis blinds because of the cost, but to be honest after our last trip to France and the two following weeks away In North Wales I've decided to bite the bullet and ordered some from Magnums, the first assignment arrived this morning o/s and n/s front door cassettes and the second package arrives this afternoon, front window cassette. I've got to put the garden back In order after being away for 5 weeks but once that is done I'll report back about how I felt on fitting them and ease of use ( Or not) Phil.

Squiffy

Forum Member
Well they have arrived and the O/s door cassette is broken from out of the box. Have phoned Magnums and am Awaiting a return call to sort the problem out.
A bit of a disappointing start.🤨 Phil

P.s. I have been doing some googling and apparently this joint that's brocken is a common occurrence and is replaceable. Though at £625 I certainly am not prepared to replace it myself. We shall see what the solution is.

Sprinter 1 cup

Forum Member
Best thing is they are quick on the windscreen to close. So yes to the front screen £200. .i still not got the side door ones , I use internal suck pads. But ive put half curtain across back of seats has been good hung from roof. but my n/s seat swivels so looking into a 3/4 length curtain to hang around back of seat when turned around. On my PVC.

I dont want the curtain to touch floor as this is my ventilation for max fan.as rear of van is sealled air tight.

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
I like em Phil but you have to use a bit of finesse opening and closing as they easily jam, and the knuckles can break, the quarter light ones are the worst, clever but very fragile, and a little dry lube helps to keep em free.

Carry superglue and Sugru.

Squiffy

Forum Member
Best thing is they are quick on the windscreen to close. So yes to the front screen £200. .i still not got the side door ones , I use internal suck pads. But ive put half curtain across back of seats has been good hung from roof. but my n/s seat swivels so looking into a 3/4 length curtain to hang around back of seat when turned around. On my PVC.

I dont want the curtain to touch floor as this is my ventilation for max fan.as rear of van is sealled air tight.
Yes I've used curtains and find they are a good alternative, it's just that with curtains nobody can sit in the front seats and face the rear so curtains do tend to shorten the living space. Phil

Squiffy

Forum Member
By the by Magnums have delivered another o/s front cassette, so they have come up trumps. But my son is up at the moment for me to help him finish off his van build only three years late 😄
He's decided to sell it as he has now got another daughter of 3 months and bought a new house so hasn't got the time to use it, Pity, but it will be interesting to see what he gets for it. Phil

Sprinter 1 cup

Forum Member
Don't worry most all vans are on 3 year build including mine 1st time / pvc. Jan 2020- 2023
Just cushions and worktop and, and, and to do now ! so nearly time to complexion. Lol

Squiffy

Forum Member
Well the final review on Remis cab blinds for Ducato.
The N/s cassette blind took me about half an hour no real problems and quite easy to fit, the O/s cassette took about 15mins as I now knew the score, BUT the front blinds took me about 3hrs, as the instructions are a bit basic and to me at least a little confusing, after several attempts at assembling the guide rods and dry fitting both N/s and o/s cassettes, finally realised how it all fitted together and so completed the install only to find that the mirror stalk was ever so slightly low and stopped the blinds from shutting nicely, so off came the mirror and removed a small amount of the stalk base which then allowed the blinds to meet in the center, only to find that the cable for my reverse and rear view camera also caught between the blinds and caused the magnetic stripe to not close fully which allowed the blinds to separate at the slightest touch. This meant a Complete strip down of the blind assembly to allow me to lower the roof lining and re route the camera cable (What a bloody game).
However now it's all finished 3hrs later I'm pleased with the result. The front blinds close beautifully and the magnetic strip holds on tight now that the mirror stalk and the camera cable have been sorted.
I have to say that if you have a Peugeot Boxer or a Renault be aware that these blinds have been designed with Ducatos in mind that do not have the extended over head parcel shelf as in the Boxers and the parcel shelf has to be cut away to allow the rods and covers a straight run, it took me 3hrs in my Ducato admittedly I had the problem with the mirror mount and rear view monitor cable but non the less it would have been much more difficult if I had to work out where and how much to cut off the lower parcel shelf to complete the job. Phil

P.s.
One other thing, there is a centre rod support that attaches to the top of the dashboard and without this tool from screwfix it would almost be impossible to screw down due to the angle and proximity of the screen.

Erbauer 1/4" Hex Angled Bit Holder 160mm
Item No 9929V

Last edited:

Duckato

Forum Member
I bought a set from Magnum, discounted as delivery damaged for my Crafter for about £200 which I still think was about £150 too much!
They are of truly appalling quality made from the most ridiculously thin fragile plastic which proved quite tricky to reinforce and repair, no wonder they had been broken so easily in transit.

My self adhesive magnet glue has failed in the sun and they fall off, I have already lost one but caught the other just in time, well worth keeping an eye on them as replacement magnetic strips in the correct width are seemingly made from unobtanium.

The Crafter/Sprinter side window units are particularly fragile never ever rest an arm etc on them etc.
They also obstruct the view in the side mirrors by a fair degree.

The worst thing though is the screen blind, mine can't be closed unless I physically remove the rear view mirror and the four side catches are really fiddly to operate especially when trying to put them away

Having looked at the Sevels version which seems to be a bit more substantial you would think the Sprinter/Crafter variant had been made by some copy cat outfit from recycled margarine tub plastic in outer mongolia.

Not recommended

Squiffy

Forum Member
I bought a set from Magnum, discounted as delivery damaged for my Crafter for about £200 which I still think was about £150 too much!
They are of truly appalling quality made from the most ridiculously thin fragile plastic which proved quite tricky to reinforce and repair, no wonder they had been broken so easily in transit.

My self adhesive magnet glue has failed in the sun and they fall off, I have already lost one but caught the other just in time, well worth keeping an eye on them as replacement magnetic strips in the correct width are seemingly made from unobtanium.

The Crafter/Sprinter side window units are particularly fragile never ever rest an arm etc on them etc.
They also obstruct the view in the side mirrors by a fair degree.

The worst thing though is the screen blind, mine can't be closed unless I physically remove the rear view mirror and the four side catches are really fiddly to operate especially when trying to put them away

Having looked at the Sevels version which seems to be a bit more substantial you would think the Sprinter/Crafter variant had been made by some copy cat outfit from recycled margarine tub plastic in outer mongolia.

Not recommended
I'm sorry to hear that Duckato, the Ducato ones are really quite robust in the polyprop pieces why there should be a difference in material quality is a bit of a mystery, maybe they were a proto design for the blinds and when redesigned for the sevels they took complaints into account. I have to say the mechanism of the blinds themselves is quite delicate and would not take a lot of abuse, so steady as you go would be the order of the day, or night as it were. Phil.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)