floor mat

ashbyspannerman

Any ideas? My van originally came with a twin passenger seat, I have replaced it with a single seat,to allow the drivers seat to rotate I have move the handbrake over towards the nearside, this all works fine but now I’m left with a thoroughly messed up rubber floor mat! The original is foam backed and quite thick, struggling to think of suitable material to replace this section.

groyne

Probably better to take out all the old mat and replace it with the same as you put in the habitation.

Minisorella

We always used to look out for stuff like this in breakers' yards years ago but I'm not even sure they still exist now!

You can definitely get shaped mats to fit most van cabs online or at any of the motorhome shows and they won't break the bank. However, if you specifically want to patch up and equalise the rubber floor first, then how about buying some cheap rubber backed mats, cutting them to size and using them face down with tape over the joins. A flat pile might match up with the foam backing on the existing flooring, to make it more even. Once you've patched it, you can get a smart new mat to cover it all up.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)