alarm query

lincs1963

Hi all, quick question about the alarm on my 2006 primastar, does anyone happen to know how I can lock the doors without setting the alarm? At the moment, when sleeping in the van I can't lock it without the alarm setting.
I hope someone has a clue, my missus won't go away in the van on her own without being able to lock herself in.
Cheers, Neil.

Alf

It would help if you told us the alarm manufacturers name all alarms are different.
Has it got central locking and if you lock it this way does it set the alarm ?

Alf

wineciccio

if it has internal movement detectors, then just cover them up with something and set your alarm as normal, it will still work ie, if someone is trying to break in but you can move about in the camper, that's what I used to do when I had a hobby siesta:dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog:

lincs1963

It would help if you told us the alarm manufacturers name all alarms are different.
Has it got central locking and if you lock it this way does it set the alarm ?

Alf
Can't help with manufacturer, it's a factory fitted item, presumably either built for Nissan or by Nissan.

lincs1963

if it has internal movement detectors, then just cover them up with something and set your alarm as normal, it will still work ie, if someone is trying to break in but you can move about in the camper, that's what I used to do when I had a hobby siesta:dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog:

That's a good idea, if my latest plan fails I will try that one thanks.

lincs1963

Thanks.

Just like to say thanks to those who offered ideas around my little dilemma. I have found out how to do it now. There is a button o the dash that locks all the doors except the side sliding door, if you only press it once it locks with no alarm set. The side loading door can then be locked manually from inside :dance:
Once again, thanks, Neil.

Regsmonster

We have the 2010 Vauxhall version of this van at work. You can also lock the doors without setting the alarm by pressing and holding the lock button on the key. It locks and then beeps to let you know.

QFour

My new alarm say press the arm button twice to deactivate the internal sensor.

lincs1963

cheers

Thanks again, I'm going try all these permutayions and see which one works best for me.:)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)